Bang for the Buck: Sony NEX-3 and Fotasy 35mm f/1.7

wow great shots, is this the color you get straight out of the NEX? if not, what do you use and how to get such great color rendition?

I recently got a Fotasy 35/1.7 for my NEX-5N direct from Rainbow Imaging (under $30), and like the images it can produce, but with some caveats. Unlike Chad's, with the one I got the barrel markings for distance and aperture line up on the underside of the lens, rendering them useless. Also the focus ring turns about a quarter turn beyond infinity, which is also a nuisance. Focusing is pretty tricky, because unlike a regular MF lens, with this one once you turn past the optimal focus point, it's not a matter of simply turning back that same amount to re-find it. Instead you have to turn further in search of that point once again. Hard to explain, but it's as if there's a fluid relationship between focus ring and actual focal distance, so it makes finding focus a lot more challenging than with other lenses--at least on the one I got (defective?).

Just ordered the 25/1.4 version for the GF2 I just got. Looking forward to messing around with it. Thank you for the excellent review and wonderful images!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back