Chrome OS Chromebook computer

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
Any using the chromebook?
Start up time of our laptop Windows computers are long, very long.
In the beginning it's fast, but now...slow...
Maybe chromebook online computing is best choice to overcome this kind of problems.

I almost never cold start any computer nowadays. Both my Windows and Mac machines come out of sleep in seconds. If you want to boot quickly then put in an SSD for the OS.

Chrome book sounds nice. Except when you've got no Internet access.

Gordon

If you want to get away from Windows... consider Ubuntu. I've been running it on this netbook for the past few months and only today reinstalled windows. Ubuntu is a really mature linux OS (and Chrome is just linux in another disguise..) and it has a HUGE support community. Chrome, BTW, can be used offline... its just that google wants everything you do to be online and in google somewhere. I downloaded and installed Chrome on this netbook and it was the ugliest thing I ever had to deal with. If you want fast *and* attractive, *and* well supported, go Ubuntu.

Homepage | Ubuntu

/plug

I've used fedora and Ubuntu. I think Ubuntu is more stable, but Fedora usually is ugraded quicker(less stable). I haven't played with a chrome book yet. I've been pretty happy with the Android OS, so I'm guessing that chrome OS is similar.

Nope, Chrome is based on linux. its nothing like android. I hope they have changed the GUI since the last time I looked because it looked like a poor cousin to the illegitemate offspring of Windows95 and XP.

Get Chrome OS Linux RC & beta if you must. You can download the CD, burn it, and run it live without installing, so you can play with it. Its looking a LOT better than it used to.

Back