B&W High Contrast B & W

Engrossed in conversation waiting for bus at night on Christmas Day

R0011956-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wow, I quite like it, too, Will! You chose a wonderful angle - and the B&W is excellent.

I like this whole thread - Mike's glistening and glaring night scene - and the earlier one with the billboard and silhouetted couple, Andy's stately - if not a little bit ghostly - home...and Pete's dancing in the street shots. All very compelling. I'm a fan of dark, high contrast photographs and thus love this thread!

retow, did you manage to capture that horse picture using the X1? I take my hat off to you, don't think I could have got mine to focus fast enough! Good catch indeed :)

petach, two good 'uns. Love the silhouette in the second.

retow, did you manage to capture that horse picture using the X1? I take my hat off to you, don't think I could have got mine to focus fast enough! Good catch indeed :)

This was done with a MF camera, M9 and 75 Summarit. Am trying to sell the X1 but it looks as if demand in the market is quite lacking. It's neither good at AF nor at MF, what a pitty, such a beautiful sensor-lens combination and Leica does not seem to be willing or able to work on another AF boost via FW upgrade. So it might become a "keeper" for me.

Back