Animals "Animals"

5440549765_cf63415576_b.jpg

20101225_some_0110 (2).JPG

She doesn't have a name. She is my Grandparents cat. She is about the 10th generation cat they have. The very first one they had was like a black twin of this one. She had a name - Bony. I was 9 years old by then and the first essay I wrote at school was devoted to her. The title of the essay was "Bony, my cat". :)

James, you are very naughty!:D

Will, your colleague's dog... Is he a Welsh Terrier? He looks a little too small in the photo to be an Airedale. My childhood's dog was a Welsh Terrier. She was a very patient dog. The lighting is just lovely in that photograph.

I am sorry about your cat being gone, now. I think I remember this picture and I still love it very much.

intense, it is a credit to your grandparents original cat Bony that you wrote your story about her - and that one of her heirs is holding court there. I hope you still have that essay.

Pavel - that Llama has such a regal look. I love their eyes!

Your possums Down Under are a heck of a lot cuter than ours here in North America! Love the expression, Peter. What's the story...were you just out walking around with your camera one night? Heard a noise?

Oh, Barrie! I want to be there...and so does my Shetland Sheepdog!

What a great picture! Are they right down the street from you? I love sheep and goats, except billy goats due to their "aroma".;)

Intense - I had missed your cute little fellow. I want to have a little fellow like that...and if I lived on a place like Mark does, I would. Wonderful portrait!

Oh, Barrie! I want to be there...and so does my Shetland Sheepdog!

What a great picture! Are they right down the street from you? I love sheep and goats, except billy goats due to their "aroma".;)

BBW,

They were in a field next to the Field Centre at Slapton where I volunteer, it doubles up as the village cricket (strange English game that we play and exported to some of the colonies, don't ask) field during the summer. I can see some Friesian cows as I look out of my window now, but no sheep. Those sheep have probably never meet a sheepdog, so there might be a learning curve to that encounter :)

Barrie

Back