Stroll Seen while strolling...walking and wandering outside

Thanks so much, Jeff - and good to see you were here!

Bill, your strolling certainly takes you to more interesting places than mine usually does. I'm glad to see those two bulls are finally out of the mud!

Here's one from my stroll this morning when it was quite cold.

6728058929_38f68517b2_b.jpg

Some from Kingsbridge, south Devon, UK between buses.

I took the bus into Kingsbridge today and had a quick stroll round before catching the next bus in the return direction and heading off for my regular Friday pub lunch.

20-1030039.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Alan's Apple

1030036.jpg

Lidstone's Butchers

1030033.jpg

Western Backway, an old lane running parallel to the main street with the old mill leat flowing alongside

1030043.jpg

Low tide taken looking south from close to the bus station

All taken with a Panasonic G1, Voigtlander 12mm, f/5.6 Ultra Wide-Heliar (my SIJ combination).

Barrie

Barrie

those are "half decent" - (that means good folks!! ) - I particularly like the use of the 12mm in the last image - always difficult to know when you take it, what will appear in the frame

Excuse me but why was this shot not in the SIJ? A truly exceptional image here BB!

You're very kind, Mark - I don't know...I decided to put the encaged dragon in for this week for something different?

I'm very pleased you looked in here - please join us on one of your strolls, Mark!

Julien, many thanks for sharing your evening walk - it looks as though it might have rained recently, the way those cobblestones glow... Beautiful framing with the tree's branch overhanging...the curved lines of the stones... I feel as though I can hear the quiet.

Squeeze Belly Lane

This is Squeeze Belly Lane in Kingsbridge, one of the narrowest public thoroughfares in the UK.

1030183.jpg

This is from the bottom with the person in the shot at about the narrowest part

1030182.jpg

This is the top where it joins Western Backway and has become "much" broader.
I spoke with the gentleman in the shot as he was approaching me, but when I already had the camera raised to my eye, thankfully he had no objection to my taking the shot.

Panasonic G1, Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 Ultra Wide-Heliar

Barrie

So lovely and to think this is a heavy crop - great image quality with that X100, Julien...but most importantly a truly lovely image...and one that I would never have thought of trying for with my X100. Simplicity and beauty.

Thank you for your kind words BB. This is why I try to always carry the X100 in my coat pocket. If I had known I would have brought the D5100+tele but this was completely unexpected. It's minimalist, but I think it works somehow.

It definitely works, Julien - minimalist is good and I still can't get over how the image quality was retained so beautifully. I've missed my X100 as I've been deep into the Single In January and using the Fuji X10, which is also a very nice camera but it is not the same.

Back