Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pictures

Great shots and credit to the shooters. From a technical standpoint, when seeing the quality of these pictures one has to ask: Can it get any better than this? So why do we continue to buy and try the newest and latest?

I'm asking myself the exact same question...... I'm seeing some terrific shots with not only the Ricoh modules but also the M module with various lenses, and they won't clog up my Mac like the huge RX1 files are!

boy are you guys on to something! between my gxr and x100 i am still amazed at the files i get. the only knock i have is that, while the x100 has great lowlight files, the gxr is very grainy after iso800. and while there are benefits to an externally attached articulating vf, i do understand those who require an integrated vf. but IQ-wise i honestly feel i couldnt do much better than these two beauties.

why is it that i lust after an xpro? ):

boy are you guys on to something! between my gxr and x100 i am still amazed at the files i get. the only knock i have is that, while the x100 has great lowlight files, the gxr is very grainy after iso800. and while there are benefits to an externally attached articulating vf, i do understand those who require an integrated vf. but IQ-wise i honestly feel i couldnt do much better than these two beauties.

why is it that i lust after an xpro? ):

Maybe because you are a male (I guess), and males are often more interested in their cameras than in the pictures. In a photography site like this, where males predominate, you see posts about equipment more often than posts about pictures. Women probably know better (disclaimer: I am a male, and I keep lusting after cameras, lenses, and other things).

There is something really nice about the A12. I have the 28 and I'm not sure when I'll use it again now that I have the Nikon A. The Nikon is pocketable, a good deal better in low light, and has a couple of key shooting characteristics I much prefer, particularly for street photography, which is what I tended to do most with the GXR. But I kind of doubt I'll sell the GXR because I wouldn't get much at all for it at this point and because there is something indescribably nice about how it renders (although I have nothing but praise for the Nikon in that regard too). I keep thinking I'll still take it out from time to time and I hope I'm right. I hate to keep cameras that are just gathering dust when someone else could be putting them to use, but I'm having trouble finding a reason to sell that one.

-Ray

Come on guys. Give it a rest with this GXR revisited talk. I was only going to get the A16 kit, now I have started looking at the m mount again !
This cant go on ! I'm already thinking of selling my hardly used (I thought i needed it) ipad mini to fund another EVF.
The Nikon V1's are staying btw. I really would miss them :2thumbs:

doing my part to keep alive this incredible compact camera--a true cult classic. first couple made possible solely by the articulating evf, the perfect tool for discreet shooting.

p1727573069-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

leica elmar-c 90/4

p1854227895-5.jpg

leica elmar-c 90/4

p1754137425-5.jpg

leica summarit 50/1.5

p1814822635-5.jpg

leica summarit 50/1.5

p1834096877-5.jpg

sankyo komura 135/2.8

p1772763607-5.jpg

sankyo komura 135/2.8

Stop this thread. Or else I might have to pull out my ready for sale boxed GXR-M and use it again. Great looking files, great rendering, so much less digital to my eye than some of the newer offerings, including OMD, NEX, Samsung and imho bettering the Fujis at lower isos

Back