Color Color photographs

Ahh, thanks BB. I was just wondering if it would seem rude to ask you to post the colour version but here it is! Looking at this version I can now see that there water there, I couldn't make this out on the B & W version. That looks like a great place for some fresh air :)

Thank you both very much. As you may recall I was fairly housebound due to a badly sprained ankle but fortunately the deck, when it wasn't pouring rain, gave me a great view.:D I think I like it better in color, too, for this one, Kathy.

Christian, I love the ocean...well any really large body of water but prefer salt water. Right now we live close to the Long Island Sound which is considered an estuary of the Atlantic Ocean. We live on the western shore on the mainland of New York state, just south of the state of Connecticut. The only problem around the area we live in is that a huge percent of the coastline is privately owned either by "country clubs" or individuals. Fortunately there are some public parks and beaches though not enough, unless one drives out to the island that is known as Long Island...then there are some fantastic beaches, both public and private. One of the most well known is Jones Beach....which I bet Michael Chiara has some nice photos of.;) Sorry for the geography lesson! As much as I love the water, this is a very crowded area, also known as the New York Metro area because it functions as one big "bedroom community" of Manhattan - that's why we love to go to the Outer Banks of North Carolina so much, though it has also been overdeveloped in some parts.

Before hitting the road, having a good time at the Habesha in Addis Ababa

BDF8075D8C73475597BE68A5F9A7379F.jpg

E-PL1 with Lumix 20/1.7
20 mm 1/15 sec f/1.7 ISO800

World of Color show at Disneyland - lots of different colors and fireworks throughout. Thank goodness for LR3 and its noise reduction tool. It saved an otherwise flat noisy photo.

Also thanks to the unknown child with the Mickey Mouse ears - totally fortuitous - sometimes you get lucky :)

From my former e-pl1 with a Hexanon 40mm at f1.8 ISO 1600 1/30s

P8120851-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Alf, really like your Addis Ababa pic. At first I didn't like that I couldn't see the person everyone is listening too but the hand and the movement of the hand gives it a little bit of mystery.

Kevin, great shot of the Star of India. I'm impressed you managed to get that close. I assume you visited in the morning before all the greasy hand prints appear all over the glass?

Thanks Olli. Yes it was very strange being that close to something worth multiple-millions. The funny thing is I was in an informal queue behind about ten or so people. Nobody took any photos but not me:). When I got there the lens went right up against the glass and I fired away. After that everyone behind me started to take photos.

Alf, really like your Addis Ababa pic. At first I didn't like that I couldn't see the person everyone is listening too but the hand and the movement of the hand gives it a little bit of mystery.

Kevin, great shot of the Star of India. I'm impressed you managed to get that close. I assume you visited in the morning before all the greasy hand prints appear all over the glass?

Back