Fuji Teleconversion lens.

Have just ordered some add-on kit for my x100. Wide angle, macro and teleconverter. I should get them next week so I'll tell you how I got on with them. Got them from digitaltoyshop.co.uk.

Received my 2x tele conversion lens, 0.45x wide angle lens, and a macro lens today. Tried them on a colleagues x100 (apparently he had bought one after trying mine some months back). anyway i have to report thus:

-the quality of the lens units looked excellent. BESEL is the make. They were quite weighty and looked well made. However, the distortion (considerable), CA and complete lack of any sort of sharpness toward the edges, just did not convince me to keep them. With the teleconverter, I expected be able to get a little closer without getting closer (if you get my drift). sadly it changes the length at which the lens focusses so you lose the benefit. Not impressed really, which is a shame. Well, you have to try these things. I think the X100 lens is best naked. Didn't bother putting any pics up, sorry. Was too underwhelmed to bother.

Also, they create a helluva shadow with the in-built flash

Received my 2x tele conversion lens, 0.45x wide angle lens, and a macro lens today. Tried them on a colleagues x100 (apparently he had bought one after trying mine some months back). anyway i have to report thus:

-the quality of the lens units looked excellent. BESEL is the make. They were quite weighty and looked well made. However, the distortion (considerable), CA and complete lack of any sort of sharpness toward the edges, just did not convince me to keep them. With the teleconverter, I expected be able to get a little closer without getting closer (if you get my drift). sadly it changes the length at which the lens focusses so you lose the benefit. Not impressed really, which is a shame. Well, you have to try these things. I think the X100 lens is best naked. Didn't bother putting any pics up, sorry. Was too underwhelmed to bother.

Also, they create a helluva shadow with the in-built flash
Thanks Pete, you've saved me & others from perhaps fruitlessly investigating this tele 2x conversion lens. A small zooming compact digital might be a better option to complement the X100, where a longer focal length is required. The X100 seems able to handle most situation based on rave reviews/photos and my own humble tests shots to date.
I've only had my x100 5 days, but think it's great! I started of with a box camera, then various twin lens/35 mm film SLRs & many different digitals. Of the many cameras, I've used so far the X100 is the most impressive & pleasing to date.

glad you found it useful Glyn. I now use the Fuji X100 wide angle converter and am please to report i am very impressed with it. Give a little bit of distortion but nothing that cant be sorted out quickly in PP.. The lens barrel makes the X100 very pleasureable to hold too. i know it'as only a feww millimetres difference from the fixed lens, but we healthy fellas should know by now that a feww millimetres can make all the difference!!

If Fuji bring out a 2x converter, I'm definately getting it.

Back