Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Mickey, also from next door, has gone away to die. Probably under Lorraine's house across the street. He is over 14 years old, with some serious health problems - thyroid and kidneys. Hasn't been eating for the last couple of days, and we haven't seen him for several days. He usually sleeps in our garage during the day, as he doesn't like Chai. We have always left the back garage door open for him.

His family is understandably upset, but also sanguine about the fact that the average lifespan of a domestic cat is around 13 y.o.
Mickey's alive!

Struggling, but alive, back home and eating.

This is your office? Oh...

2023.04.09_10.54.51_DSC2109.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We as a family are devastated because Ziggy suffered his second stroke yesterday afternoon and this morning we took him to the
vet for a final goodbye. He was over 15 years old and had come from a rescue shelter- we know he lived a good and happy life with us.

This image was taken in 2007 on the first day we brought him home. RiP sweet white boi

RiP Ziggy 23-12-2007 - 16-04-2023.jpg

We as a family are devastated because Ziggy suffered his second stroke yesterday afternoon and this morning we took him to the
vet for a final goodbye. He was over 15 years old and had come from a rescue shelter- we know he lived a good and happy life with us.

This image was taken in 2007 on the first day we brought him home. RiP sweet white boi

View attachment 381023
Heartbreaking to hear that you've lost your Ziggy. And I do mean heartbreaking, because we have lost several of our cats and dogs over the years and that heartbreak is so devastating each time.

If you're up for it, please post a separate thread with a bunch of your best photos of Ziggy. Speaking for myself, I'd love to see more of Ziggy over the years in the one commemorative place.

Heartbreaking to hear that you've lost your Ziggy. And I do mean heartbreaking, because we have lost several of our cats and dogs over the years and that heartbreak is so devastating each time.

If you're up for it, please post a separate thread with a bunch of your best photos of Ziggy. Speaking for myself, I'd love to see more of Ziggy over the years in the one commemorative place.
Thank you for your empathy and kind words. That's a nice idea and I might feel up to it in a while. I've also just installed a new computer so nothing is where it used to be and now on external archived storage, so I'm in a state of general flux and turmoil and general confusion and disarray

View attachment 381023
Our most sincere condolences to you and your family, Irene.
It's the last great act of love we can perform for our beloved companion creatures.

For such little creatures, they leave such a huge hole in our lives when they are gone. Not five minutes ago I remarked to Heather how Rosa used to love rolling on a Persian mat that's beside her side of the bed.

May your beautiful Ziggy rest in peace.

View attachment 381023
I am really sorry, huggles cuddles

View attachment 381023
There must be years of wonderful memories through which you shall sift. Glad your family had Ziggy and glad Ziggy had your love and devotion. Sorry for your loss.

Back