1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

£179.00 - Pentax Q + 8.5mm from SRS Microsystems

Discussion in 'Pentax Q Forum' started by Simon L Jones, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Simon L Jones

Simon L Jones SC Rookie

May 11, 2013
    Salisbury, UK
    Simon Layton Jones
  2. hannahntilly

hannahntilly SC Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Peter
    Now down to £149 for the Q & 8.5mm prime in white. Sorely tempted if I didn't already have a LX5 and GF3 & 20mm. In the UK, that price is less than half of a new LX7 - sounds like a bargain to me.

3. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    I have to say I'm extremely interested in this. Only decision I think is whether to go for the 8.5mm or the 5-15mm as they are both £149 - any thoughts anyone on the relative IQ?

4. hannahntilly

hannahntilly SC Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Peter
    The reports I've read are all very fond of the 8.5mm prime and it's a lot smaller than the kit zoom too. I haven't actually used a Q so can't comment on the quality. There's a very good Youtube review by an Aussie called Blunty that's worth a view.

5. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Wow, he seems very impressed. I saw a couple of other reviews too and based on John Flores's results ( amongst others ) it's an intriguing little camera. I thought "what the heck" and I've ordered the twin lens kit in white for £249. I nearly bought the fisheye lens too but decided to wait for a while.

6. hannahntilly

hannahntilly SC Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Peter
    I hope that you enjoy it. Don't forget to post some results on here!

7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I have the 8.5 and it's nice lens. The Q is a really fun camera. If you get an adapter (like a Pentax K to Q) a fast 50 mm becomes 275 equivalent, not to mention the fun you can have with a legacy 50 macro.