Canon G1X does exactly what I ask of it.

Gizmo

Rookie
Works fine when I don't want to drag out the big gun.

IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0062.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg

I really think that Canon crippled this by calling it a "G" series camera.
It's an awful lot more ; there's a gem of a camera trying to come out.

I really think that Canon crippled this by calling it a "G" series camera.
It's an awful lot more ; there's a gem of a camera trying to come out.

The G has always been Canon's flagship enthusiast camera and was really without peer for its first 7 or 8 years; my surprise was that they continue to have the lower rung G12 as well. Appears they're doing what they did with the xxD line of DSLRs, where the 50D split to form the upper tier 7D and the lower tier 60D.

I've always loved my Canon G's, right up through the G10. Didn't care for the build quality of the G11/12, and then along came μ43. Looks like I might have to give the G1x a more careful consideration. Great work displayed here!

I've always loved my Canon G's, right up through the G10. Didn't care for the build quality of the G11/12, and then along came μ43. Looks like I might have to give the G1x a more careful consideration. Great work displayed here!

I liked the G11 I had, and a friend has the G9 which is also very very nice... the G1x appeals but I really really wish Canon had done better with the optical VF. The argument that a larger body would have been required (which I seem to recall someone, cant remember who, saying) just falls over when you look at what fuji has done with theirs. Hope Canon does something about it in its next iteration... I'll buy for sure.

Back