Fuji X Pro 1 DP Review

LOL.....no because they don't allow you to register with email addresses from hotmail or gmail (my only 2 addresses). I guess it stops a lot of spam, but it certainly doesn't filter out knuckleheads (except for this one....LOL)

Not a surprise given Fuji's track record: Fabulous IQ and a little pokey operationally. The samples were excellent and even at 1600 the images were very clean and sharp. I'd buy one if I was looking for a camera in that price range.

LOL.....no because they don't allow you to register with email addresses from hotmail or gmail (my only 2 addresses). I guess it stops a lot of spam, but it certainly doesn't filter out knuckleheads (except for this one....LOL)

I have a gmail address and I'm registered there.

looks like I'll have to sign up with my business gmail account so I can light up the fools that are talking trash about things they have never used. There are no surprises in the review...mostly good with the usual caveats (which are too much for some and liveable for others). When the lens line-up gets a little more filled in about a year from now, I'll give it a shot.

The funny thing to me with all the positive af comments about the E-M5's AF, is that after editing a few thousand images from my recent trip to Spain, is that I had more miss focused shots with the OM-D and more shots soft due to motion with the XPro, neither number was very high just different. Still happy with my XPros, I just need to not shoot one handed with long shutter speeds.

I wish I could register to their website just so I could tee off on some of the ignorant commenters. Luckily my hotmail email address keeps me from joining the fray.

One day I plan to register on DPReview and spend my time pontificating on what makes a "serious camera" and what "real photographers" need, but I feel that it is not my time yet.

Stay away. I reckon it's like Night of the Living Dead over there ... You get your brain sucked out and become One Of THEM

I just don't understand DPR's reviews. They give the X-Pro1 79% when the Canon SX260 only got a 76%, and it included a wrist strap!

:rofl: I love DPR reviews but I can't understand why they keep giving a score at the end, it never make any sense in comparison to anything. They really should drop it.

The DPR guys have been asked about the percentage scores before and the simplest way that I can interpret their answer is that the scores rate the camera against its's direct competition and their own preconceptions of what the camera could/should have been.

I think the scores make sense more or less. I think an absolute score would be a bit confusing. Should a decent point and shoot get a 35% because of how it performs compared to a medium format camera?

Still.....that strap should be worth something ;)

I think the scores make sense more or less. I think an absolute score would be a bit confusing. Should a decent point and shoot get a 35% because of how it performs compared to a medium format camera?

I'm not suggesting an absolute score, I simply think that having any kind of score is pointless.

There are reasons why DPR do 15 pages reviews, you can't sum them up with a single number.

I agree the scoring is pointless. I guess it's rating the camera to an ideal camera in that niche at that point in time. Kind of like dog show rating (compared vs. a non-existent ideal), but who cares? Recommended vs. not recommended. Silver or Gold sums up their conclusion. Percentages are a false precision in this case.

Back