Pentax Rumors About New Pentax Mirrorless

Thanks for starting this thread. I still got 110 cameras, no 110 film.
The digital Pentax 110 may fit my needs. I'm left with a couple of questions:
Sensor size equal to that of canon G12?
Dimensions?
OVF and/or EVF?

Interesting idea but the 1/2.33″ sensor really kills it for me. With that sensor size, it had better be much smaller than Sony NEX! :tongue:

The Pentax 110 lenses actually cover the entire M 4/3 sensor (adapter available on eBay). If you going to go compact sensor, at least maybe use, I don't know... 2/3" or so? Or even 1/1.8"???

As technology improves sensor size may be not be a great issue anymore.
I do really hope / look forward to the digital Pentax 110 ! Don't you?

It sure looks a lot smaller than the Sony NEX!

Interesting about the 110 lenses covering mFT, maybe I'll try one out.

The only gotcha is that there is no actual aperture control, in the 110 system the aperture opening is in the body. So you will always be at max aperture, unless you make some insert disks with holes (perfect bokeh though ;)).

Somewhere on the interwebs, people have posted 110 lens samples shot with M 4/3, but I don't remember where. Some at getdpi.com have used it though-

It sure looks a lot smaller than the Sony NEX!

Interesting about the 110 lenses covering mFT, maybe I'll try one out.

Hey All,

I have huge hopes for this camera. If it has small reasonably collapsible zoom lenses maybe eventually a few fast pancake primes and the IQ of say an LX5 - I'm all over it. Within the next 10 days I will be buying a K-5 and begin working on a collection of 4 lenses I have in mind. I would love to have a smaller Pentax to go with it. I also have noticed that Pentax has not come out with any kind of camera like an LX5 or equivalent - maybe this is it with interchangeable lenses and an EVF.

Maybe very happy days ahead!

-Ed-

Essentially, if it wasn't already in the manufacturing pipeline, I think we'll see delays from the Japanese camera companies for a while due to power shortages and other quake/tsunami issues.

Nikon's got four factories offline, Canon's got eight offline, and, last we heard, Pentax didn't even know how bad things were. (source)

So I wouldn't be too eager on this -- it'll happen when it happens.

Very interesting thread..... don't know about the 110 label..... quality of the old 110 format compared to the 35mm... was sketchy to say the least.....

Back