Micro 4/3 Today's street images

Iansky

All-Pro
Wanted to try the 45-175X lens again for street work ( I usually use the Panaleica 25mm f1.4) and have to say it was a delight to use and the results are very acceptable.

Mans_best_friend.jpg

Delivery.jpg

Reading_the_newspaper.jpg

Reflection.jpg

Waiting_to_be_collected.jpg

The_food_stand.jpg

Are you just that close to people or were you making use of zoom here? Seriously, your last few posts, the framing is awesome!

Hi kristen,

I have been using the Pany 45-175X lens a lot more for my street work as I was unsure of it's capability at the longer end - after this weekend I am a lot happier with it and find the internal zooming an advantage as there is no change in physical lens size.

It certainly does perform well and as much as I love my Pany 25mm f1.4, I may just be tempted to use it more for street.

I do still enjoy getting in close especially where I can interact and converse with the subjects rather than snipe from afar.

I do still enjoy getting in close especially where I can interact and converse with the subjects rather than snipe from afar.

I think that is what impresses me the most about your images-- they are intimate, you are right there, they don't feel like you're sneaking your shots, they feel like you are a part of it. Another bravo to you!

London

We visit London probably twice a year (it is about 90min away) but it is well worth it and areas like Camden Town & Islington are a real street photographers dream, it is a melting pot of nationalities, ages, dress styles and attitudes.

The images at the start of this post are all from my local town that is small (20K) but still has a mix of good street subjects.

Some from Islington in Sep:

Islington_17_SFX.jpg

Islington_22_SFX.jpg

Islington_Angel_Festival_38_SFX.jpg

Islington_Angel_Festival_43_SFX.jpg

Islington_Angel_Festival_41_SFX.jpg

Back