123°

I like 'em too.
But why "123 degrees"?
…and please don't say "why not".
Otherwise I assume it is the angle of view for the lens….but aint that like 6mm :hmmm:

Oh dear Polly Warmtone…."lens?"…enigmatic as always. So is this designating a lens with 123 degree of view? Umm on equivalent focal length since you shoot MF and LF this could be like 24mm?

Damn are we talking Pinhole here? - if so how come the sheep ain't blurred? (You shot & stuffed them right?)

It just is what it is Roger.

Sheep sometimes stand still!

Also one must allow for the vagaries of human perception - how sharp an image looks on screen or paper viewed from a sensible distance is only very partially dependent on how "sharp" an image "really is" (which is what makes such a nonsense of all the interweb chitchat about lens sharpness and the chimerical "IQ").

If I sent you the negative and you put it on a lightbox under a loupe, you'd immediately find that the sheep are far from "sharp".

This is one of the reasons I get rather oblique in responding to questions like yours and Mark's, and partly why I've stopped by and large from entering into detailed (or, often, any) discussions about the technical aspects of my photographs.

In this case, the most accurate answer to the question "How did you get the sheep so sharp?" is "I didn't"! But that kind of answer is rarely satisfying to the person asking :D

Back