Stroll RX100 on Borrowed Time

Pim

Regular
Name
Pim
A colleague of mine was kind enough to lend me his XR100 today, so I took some pics whilst travelling home from work. I tried to take some varied shots to test the camera, and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise (or more confirmation of what I have read already in the various test and reports). Sharpness seems very decent and high ISO surprisingly good... Anyway, the pistures below are of course downsized, but they still give a good impression of the capabilities of this little camera...

DSC01310-Edit-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC01315-Edit.jpg

DSC01320-Edit.jpg

DSC01312-Edit.jpg

DSC01337-Edit.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

Last one at ISO 3200

DSC01333-Edit.jpg

Very nice work as always, Pim. I really love that last one. If I could perhaps make a small suggestion to add a few more lines between each image to space them out. It's a little difficult to appreciate each one separately when they are so close together.

these are really good. A couple of them are startling in their clarity with crazy 3D pop. Is this camera and lens combo that sharp or is that I am viewing them downsized. Have they been sharpened much. That one of the bricks could get me to buy a camera.

Very nice work as always, Pim. I really love that last one. If I could perhaps make a small suggestion to add a few more lines between each image to space them out. It's a little difficult to appreciate each one separately when they are so close together.

Thanks Nic! I took your advice and separated them a little more... you are correct, looks better like this...:)!

these are really good. A couple of them are startling in their clarity with crazy 3D pop. Is this camera and lens combo that sharp or is that I am viewing them downsized. Have they been sharpened much. That one of the bricks could get me to buy a camera.

Actually I was quite surprised as well about the sharpness in general... I did a little sharpening in some of them (not all) but not much... (maybe 10-20 points on a 100 scale). I will pick one or two and repost them without any processing whatsoever, so you can see how they look straight OoC Jpeg. Of course the B&W ones were postprocessed as well, so that might have impacted the overall look, therefore I will post a few color Jpegs...

Luke, these are original Jpeg's, no PP whatsoever (not even my beloved borders...:)), just resizing... I did not really check the Jpeg settings in the camera though, as it is not mine and I do not want to change my colleagues settings anyway, so not sure how these are set and if they are set at optimum...

DSC013571.JPG

DSC013391.JPG

DSC01320_V2.jpg

Back