Dropping by to say "hello" to old friends!

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
Hello to my SC friends!

Yes, it's been a while, because I've been "trying" to avoid photography websites like the plague so that I am not tempted to buy more gear. As you know, getting engaged and preparing for the big day has been nearly a full time job with lots of stress, which also took over all the disposable income I used to have! But fear not, it's not a case of runaway groom like someone suggested in one of the threads that I was lurking on! :)

To answer someone's question -- No, I have no plans to get a Sony RX1! So I'm not going to be the guinea pig on that one!

At least not yet. :)

No, I have no plans to get the new Leica "M" or the "ME" either. I don't think I'll ever buy another Leica camera in my lifetime, unless I marry a rich woman. And soon, it'll be too late for that!! Or unless the Leica is a rebadged Panasonic camera. But then, I'd rather just get the Panasonic itself!

I never did "re-get" or "re-buy" the Fuji XPro1. The camera I've been using the most for the last 4-5 months is the Oly OMD/EM5. Nice little camera. IQ is not as good as the Fuji X's, but good enough for most purposes. And much more versatile jack-of-all trades camera.

BUT, I am VERY tempted to get the Fuji XE1. Some of the selling points for me (other than improved AF speed and accuracy) are the better EVF and the built-in flash, which appears to be "bounceable." The lens lineup from Fuji is looking mighty fine too. And now with Zeiss in play ... WOW!! DPR has photos from Photokina of mockups of the Zeiss 12/2.8 and 32/1.8. Photokina 2012: Carl Zeiss Stand Report: Digital Photography Review

What I'll likely do is get the XE1 with the zoom lens. And then just wait until all the other new lenses from Fuji and Zeiss get released. I'm hoping the Zeiss lens will be motorized (specially the 32/1.8) so that it'll AF even faster.

The new Oly XZ2 looks great too! Would love to get it ... for the future Missus of course. Hehehe. Or perhaps a RX100 for her (if Ray is using it, it's gotta be good right?) Or the new Fuji XF. Yeah, she's happy with the Canon S90. But, I'm "sure" she could be happier right?

Anyhow folks, just wanted to drop by and say hello. You have not been forgotten. And special thanks to the people who PM'd or emailed me to make sure that I'm still alive. :)

I'll be lurking around, but will try to refrain from posting (too often) until after the big day. Cheers!!

-Armanius

ps: If you are an US citizen, don't forget to vote in November!

He lives!

Nice to hear from you.

You should play with an X-Pro 1 with the latest firmware. I loved the camera before, but now it's a renewed jewel.

Anyway, glad you are well. Visit more often, and to avoid GAS just look at the image threads.

Good to hear from you Armando! As long as your wedding photog has the right camera, you don't need to worry about it!

When is the big day? And on the chance we don't hear for you again until you have that ring on your finger, let me offer a hearty congratulations on advance!

-Ray

Awww, man, my money was on runaway groom (and thinking ahead to book deal and movie rights!) :D

Seriously, good to hear from you, Armando, and glad that all is well. Also curious on the wedding date! Good luck with the prep work.

It's aliiiiiiiive..... :tongue:How's things? lYou must be getting more excited as the big day draws closer, like Pelao said, you should really try the XP1 with the latest firmware......disregard that, at least until after the wedding :laugh1:

Armando, I commend you for your self control. Most importantly for focussing on your marriage plans and future together with the soon to be Mrs. Armando.

Always happy to hear from you and can't wait to see at least one photograph from the happy day!:flowers_2:

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words. congratulations, and words of encouragement!! It means a lot! One day, we'll need to have a SC.com get together somewhere. We need to figure who's got the nicest digs so that we can visit and crash there! I know it won't be Houston, Texas for sure!!! Wasn't someone fixing up a house somewhere in Central France?

The big day is November 10. I'm so looking forward to the day AFTER. That is, until I see the credit card bills. The silver lining is that I should be accumulating lots of points to use on Amazon! :)

Confession time -- I'm about to pre-order the Fuji XE1 with the zoom lens ... Just unsure as of now if I should go silver or black.

I'll see y'all around. And yes Luke, I lurk ...

Back