Fuji X10 Sensor Replacement Deadline - Sep 30th

demiro

Serious Compacts For Life
Not sure this matters to anyone anymore, but deadline for Fuji to replace sensors on X10 for "orbs" is Sep 30th. Not sure they are being hard-nosed about that date, but figure I'd toss the reminder out.

I called Fuji yesterday about sending my x10 in for sensor replacement and they didn't say anything about a September 30 deadline. They indicated it would be a 2 week turnaround.

I called Fuji yesterday about sending my x10 in for sensor replacement and they didn't say anything about a September 30 deadline. They indicated it would be a 2 week turnaround.

They're very quick, competent and caring at the Edison repair facility; had a very good experience with them during the summer. Makes me want to buy more Fujifilm products....:D

That's good to hear. The email I rec'd back from Fuji about returning my X10 said:
Upon our receipt, our service center will conduct an evaluation of your camera. If our evaluation determines that your particular camera’s blooming effect could be improved with the new sensor, then to address any continued concern, we will replace your sensor and ship the upgraded camera back to you at no cost to you. This offer applies only to X10 cameras purchased in the US, where the camera is received at our service center in good working condition by September 30, 2012, where no abuse to the camera has occurred, etc.

Makes me think they will done replacing sensors sometime soon.

But when can we be guaranteed that X10's in stores will have the new sensor?

B&H says all their stock is new sensor -- https://www.photographerslounge.org/f46/fuji-x10-sensor-update-orb-issue-10002/

If/when Fuji does stop replacing sensors it might make things interesting on the used market. Anyone who has gotten the replacement should keep whatever documentation they receive to share with buyers in the future. I'm assuming we are all serial photo gear buyers and sellers...

Back