Fuji X-E1 Samples

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
I'm assuming files are identical to X-Pro?

-Ray

He seems to thinks so:

Fujifilm X-E1 – High ISO Images ‹ roel.me

"What really surprised me were ISO 12800 and ISO 25600. There is some smearing in the shadow areas due to the noise reduction, however, these images are still good (and quite useable) in terms of noise, detail and colour fidelity. This is remarkable considering the extremely high ISO values.
I also checked my X-Pro1 (with the latest firmware V2.00) and its image quality is the same. It seems that Fujifilm has improved the image processing engine in both the X-Pro1 and X-E1 to produce even better JPEG images."

Thanks for sharing the photos, Flysurfer. How do you find the EVF? I was planning to sell my X-Pro1 and shift to the X-E1 to get the better EVF and the smaller form factor. However, I cancelled my pre-order because some of the early reviews I read said that the EVF, while better than that of the X-Pro1 in daylight, still had issues when panning and in low light. In addition, I've grown to really like the X-Pro1 and its size, and once I get the right diopter I think the EVF will work fine for my needs. Regardless, I am still curious to hear from users like you how the EVF on the X-E1 performs.

The OLED is very good and sharp, you can see all the different film simulations (color, contrast, etc.), real WYSIWYG, it's all there. Personally, I consider the X-E1 a better deal than the X-Pro1. I just receives the zoom, and it looks very promising.

Flysurfer

They are BONKERS sharp!!! That 18-55 looks great!!!!!!!

The irony is that the "excuse list" for this pre-production lens lists several "below specification" faults regarding sharpness, resolution, OIS performance and AF performance.

Well, if that's the faulty stuff, I can't wait for the "real" one. Unfortunately, that will take several more weeks. Till then, I will enjoy this crappy, faulty lens. :)

Back