Photos for sale?

Hyubie

Top Veteran
Sometimes I find myself just browsing through the image threads here and over the mu-43. And I find a lot of photos that are extremely better than those photos I find in furniture/house decorating stores. And I start to "see" some of them hanging on my wall, thinking "oh, this on'e perfect for that wall facing the dinner table".

But I haven't had any experience with buying an original image directly from the artist. How does one go about it - and how much does it usually cost (I know - this is really depending on the artist)? Again, this is just for personal home use and I don't intend to buy the copyrights and all those legalistic gobbledygook. :)

Amin - a revenue source!! Being the "gallery", take a small cut! Hehe... I'm pretty suse I'm not the first one to have these thoughts of buying from fellow members. :D

Pim, if you're reading, take the hint and start thinking about this. :D

(Not sure if this is the right forum thread - pls feel free to move.)

well ... as you say, it rather depends on the artist .... there's a nice platinum print of one of my favourite Bill Brandt pictures - unframed - that comes in at c. £9,000 from the gallery that handles his estate :) ... on the other hand, if you want a print from a member here, why not PM them and see what you can arrange?

I'm not suggesting anyone would want any of my photographs, but from an entirely personal point of view, I'd only be willing to sell a print, not a raw or jpeg or tiff ... well, if there was £9K on the table I might reconsider of course

But I haven't had any experience with buying an original image directly from the artist. How does one go about it - and how much does it usually cost (I know - this is really depending on the artist)? Again, this is just for personal home use and I don't intend to buy the copyrights and all those legalistic gobbledygook. :)

Might be a good idea to contact the artist direct, and ask. Many people now have smugmug, redbubble, zenfolio etc galleries where you can buy from and have a framed pic sent to you. Maybe if you are fortunate, the shots you like will be in one or more of those galleries.

Back