Sony How do I shut off the graphical shooting mode splash screens?

Nab

How do I shut off the graphical shooting mode splash screens? They are an annoyance while moving the dial to get to different shooting modes.

Thx,

NAB

I had the same problem, which was solved by one of our forum members with this post...

"I don't have an RX100 but I'm gonna guess pressing Display (the up button on the 4-directional pad) switches between display modes?"

Hope that helps.
-Ken

Nab said:
How do I shut off the graphical shooting mode splash screens? They are an annoyance while moving the dial to get to different shooting modes.

Thx,

NAB

Under the wrench icon in the menus, tab 2, second entry down, "mode dial guide", set to off.

Great tip! I wish someone would start a thread "Sony RX100 Secrets - Tips & Tricks". The extensive Menu, Sub-menus, and settings can be challenging for most casual users like me. The "?" button is a superb feature of the RX100. The learning curve is steep but I learn something new practically every time I use it. My latest find was the leveling tool on the display, and how to toggle it on and off (again, using the display dial.)

Back