Election Day photos - anyone???

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
Hi,

I've been fairly out of the loop for a little while. A bit of pre-election stress syndrome to say the least. In any case, its over now, I feel about 30 pounds lighter, and thought I'd process a couple of the shots I took while standing in line for an hour and a half to vote on Tuesday morning. These are at the local library and the line you see in these photos is a small part of the whole line, which snaked around the inside of the building and then continued for about a block down the sidewalk beyond the little courtyard these are taken in. Any of our other stateside shooters have any election day photos? Feel free to add them to this thread. As fraught as this election was, the orderliness of the process, the friendliness of the people in line (of all voting preferences and despite very strongly held feelings on both sides) always makes me feel sort of good, even in those elections when the outcome doesn't go my way. This one did, the next one probably won't, but I value the process anyway. A lot.

Oh yeah - these were taken with the X10, btw...

8166544481_5aaf21ae81_b.png

View attachment 61909

-Ray

I saw that scene outside Faneuil Hall on TV that night. Was that near whichever convention hall Romney used for his concession to cover the spill-over crowd (presumably, in case it had been a victory speech instead)? Or was it more of a general gathering place to watch the returns? I think when I saw it on TV it was after the race was called for Obama and it LOOKED like the people there were celebrating, not mourning, but it was a quick shot, so I wasn't sure...

Love that shot of your wife and daughter. Man, it looks COLD. It was cold down here that day and I'm sure it was several degrees colder in Boston...

Boston really looks like lovely city. I haven't spent much time up there but it looks like I'm gonna need to go on a photo-journey there someday...

-Ray

I saw that scene outside Faneuil Hall on TV that night. Was that near whichever convention hall Romney used for his concession to cover the spill-over crowd (presumably, in case it had been a victory speech instead)? Or was it more of a general gathering place to watch the returns? I think when I saw it on TV it was after the race was called for Obama and it LOOKED like the people there were celebrating, not mourning, but it was a quick shot, so I wasn't sure...

Love that shot of your wife and daughter. Man, it looks COLD. It was cold down here that day and I'm sure it was several degrees colder in Boston...

Boston really looks like lovely city. I haven't spent much time up there but it looks like I'm gonna need to go on a photo-journey there someday...

-Ray

Kareem (aka Ray),

Faneuil Hall is a few miles away from the site where Romney gave his speech. And given how blue MA is, you are right that that crowd outside Faneuil Hall was celebrating. :)

Come up here, maybe when a meet and greet plan solidifies. ;)

Correctamundo on all counts: Romney HQ was at the gigantic convention center in Fort Point Channel, and this was a mile or so away in the old downtown district. It was just a gigantic CNN screen to draw people to stop and watch, so they could boom crane film the crowd and mix those shots in with their coverage nationally. And it was cold but not COLD cold. Probably 38? I was warm while biking, but we got chilly standing around for half an hour.

And yeah man, come up, I know some neat places to shoot.

Back