Sony New to RX100, Question about tripods

mdyn

Hello all,

I've been lurking a bit, trying to glean any additional information I could before pulling the trigger on an RX100. Thank you all for the thoughtful and informative posts.

I just received my camera and haven't even had a chance to play with it much. I plan to this weekend.

My family and I have a trip to Europe planned for December and I thought it would be nice to have a small tripod to bring along. So far, I've come across a couple of pocketable options that intrigue me: the Joby Gorillapod Micro 250 and the Gomite Tiltpod.

Has anyone here had any experience with either or both?

Any other recommendations that I should research?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Have just bought a tiny little tripod from manfrotto. It is so small it fits on the camera and you barely notice it is there. It comes in two sizes. It is purpose made for compacts and helps the camera sit about half and inch off the ground or platform. Sorry, I can't remember the name but you won't have trouble finding it. Only cost £15. A great bit of kit.

My Joby Gorillapod Micro 250...camera and attached tripod still fits in the pocket of my t-shirt.

RX100 tripod.JPG
RX100 tripod folded.JPG
Carry pouch.jpg

Perfect ultralight "full size" tripod for compacts!

Mayby a bit late but I use the Micro 250 attached for the most but if I want a "full size" tripod I use a zipshot.

tamrac-zipshot.jpg

Its light and perfect for a compact

ZipShot

Back