Fuji Which FXXX to buy?

elandel

Regular
Hi all,

One of my Christmas gifts will be a compact camera. I thought about the Fuji FXXX series: F550/600/660/750/770.

Which would you recomend?

I already have a Nikon D700 - Olympus Epl3 - Nikon P7100 but selling the Nikon P7100 because not really pocketable. Was thinking about Fuji X10 or the new X-E1 but not in my budget this Christmas.

Can you tell me about IQ and if there is any real life difference between the F550 and the others besides zoom reach?

Thanks

I deleted a few posts here. It was getting to be a bit like a school boys locker room. Maybe I'm getting to be a prude in my old age, but let's get this back on topic.

Does anyone here have experience or recommendations for the Fuji X-3digit series cameras?

I have to say I would also be interested. I am also considering getting a new compact. Mainly as a beater left in the bag camera. Fuji UK sell loads of different F series cameras for under a £100.

The big difference I can see is the later ones have a huge zoom, but I am not sure if that is a good thing. The same camera with a sharper lens might be better.

My other option is second hand Hall of Fame compact. Although that list hasn't been updated in years.

Back