1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

14mm Fuji - First two shots

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by NightBird, Jul 5, 2013.

1. NightBird

NightBird SC Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren
    I Picked up my 14mm Fuji lens last night and took a couple of shots on the way home.

Wow this lens sharp. No need for additional sharpening above the Lightroom default, and I couldn't see any distortion. I can see this lens getting lots of use!

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnightingale/9212748078/" title="Spectacular Sydney by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr"> 9212748078_a4bd17a3a3_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Spectacular Sydney"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnightingale/9212741302/" title="Resting Harbour by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr"> 9212741302_df70a3521c_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Resting Harbour"></a>

And I have now completed my Fuji kit enough to make my Nikon gear redundant.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh yes indeed, Darren, those are stunning!

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Great shots - its an awesome lens. I almost sold it for reasons I can't quite remember, but I'm rediscovering it lately and its not going anywhere!

Enjoy!

-Ray

4. NightBird

NightBird SC Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Darren

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    Yeah, the aperture ring is terribly loose - not sure if that's just a first production run thing or if it will be that way on all of them. I'm not using this lens a lot for street so I'm not getting a huge amount of use out of the snap manual focus ring, but I love that feature on the Olympus 12 and 17 and did on this lens when I used it that way a couple of times.

I'm probably gonna wear this lens out on the second half of the trip I'm on right now...

-Ray

6. Bluebear

Bluebear SC Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    St Albans, Herts, UK
    Lovely images, Darren. This lens is a cracker and I wish I'd had mine in time for a recent overseas trip! I look forward to seeing more from you with it.

7. tdp

tdp Guest

I just picked up one last week, lovely lens. My aperture ring is loose as well. I might pick up an o-ring for it to add a bit of friction.

8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    That's a great idea. I just tried a lowly rubber band in the little gap right in front of the aperture ring and it helps a low. Maybe an O-ring when I can find one to fit...

-Ray

9. Sure nice shots!

10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Drool! 1st shot is absolutely superb!!!!!

11. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Very crisp photos.

12. tdp

tdp Guest

Next week I will go to the o-ring store and see what they have that will work. If I find a good one I can mail it to you.

13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    No need to mail one from Asia - let me know the diameter and I'm sure I can find one here...

-Ray

14. CapoDave

CapoDave SC Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    Dave Kavlich
    Got this lens shortly after I bought the X E1 and kit.
    Use this one almost always.

15. tdp

tdp Guest

Sure no problem. Next week sometime I will hit the shop and see what they have that will work and post the size here.