1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

14mm, what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Michael T, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Michael T

Michael T SC Top Veteran

Jul 31, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Michael
    I'm considering a Panasonic 14mm and while checking Amazon I noticed the significant difference in price for apparently the same lens. The only difference I see is perhaps color. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why one is so much cheaper.

$302.34
    Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras: Camera & Photo

$206.00
    Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens for Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Cameras - Silver (+ Free 46 mm UV Filter): Camera & Photo

2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Looks like the same lens, same color. Panny only made one 14mm lens.

3. Snibbo

Snibbo New to SC

Jan 16, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Stephen
    Hi Michael,

They seem to be the same lens. The more expensive one "ships from and is sold by Amazon.com", the less expensive one "ships from and sold by IDS Online Shop".

What this means in pratical terms, I have no idea.

4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I don't know if they are still available, but a lot of GF2 kits for the Asian markets were split and the 14mm lenses sold as a separate item. These were mostly sold through eBay for as low as $160 brand new but with no box. I notice that the more expensive lens you link to mentions a storage bag and Panasonic warranty which indicates that it is a boxed item. The cheaper lens mentions neither.

P.S. The 14mm was made in both a black and a dark silver finish but the difference is purely cosmetic.

• Like Like x 2