Fuji Fun with the X10 on a frosty morning

Kevin. I know your work for a few years already. It's easy to pass by because it looks like commonplace. At first glance it could be mistaken for that but after just a few seconds of looking the viewer realizes that there is a world that gets walked by and even on that is just if not more interesting and important then the commonplace of street work, portraits, landscape etc.

I just wanted you yo know that I for one appreciate what your doing. It slows me down and lets me smell the flowers.....

except when their frozen........

Kevin. I know your work for a few years already. It's easy to pass by because it looks like commonplace. At first glance it could be mistaken for that but after just a few seconds of looking the viewer realizes that there is a world that gets walked by and even on that is just if not more interesting and important then the commonplace of street work, portraits, landscape etc.

I just wanted you yo know that I for one appreciate what your doing. It slows me down and lets me smell the flowers.....

except when their frozen........

Don,

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. Your images (and your presence on these boards) has been a HUGE motivation for me to make sure I get out and make images every day (or as close to every day as I can). You know the advice that writers get..."write what you know"? I live in a small town in NW Washington and am surrounded by little bits of nature asserting itself on the human created landscape. I've always been a big fan of photographers like Nick Brandt. He makes these stunning images of "charismatic megafauna"...unfortunately the closest I come to "charismatic megafauna" is the star nosed mole I accidentally stepped on while working on the car in the driveway (and boy was he p*ssed).

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Kevin

Dixey, you're making it harder and harder for me to resist getting me a X10:-(

LOL...maybe Fuji should be giving me a kickback ;) Seriously though, it is a really fun camera and I am constantly surprised at how flexible and capable it is.

Back