Image editing/processing using an iPad

+1 on snapseed. Very intuitive and uncomplicated. Also like Photoforge and Filterstorm Pro. The last one is reallly excellent and used by many journalists out in the field. Not so fussed on how it manages files....a bit quirky, but it is very powerful and does an excellent job. I prefer it to Photoshop Express.

Good for you, wrangler! Most of the "old" members here know that I've been lusting after an iPad for...well, for a long time...so although I don't have any personal experience yet - there are many very good threads here from some serious iPad post processors. Here's a search I just did in this forum: Search take a look at a bunch of these threads because they're a treasure trove of good info. I know I'll be using them to help myself when I finally make my move.:026:;)

Good for you, wrangler! Most of the "old" members here know that I've been lusting after an iPad for...well, for a long time...so although I don't have any personal experience yet - there are many very good threads here from some serious iPad post processors. Here's a search I just did in this forum: Search take a look at a bunch of these threads because they're a treasure trove of good info. I know I'll be using them to help myself when I finally make my move.:026:;)

When I tried your link, it returned no matches; which is what I found when I searched for iPad Photo Editor.

Anyhow, I think Snapseed is what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help folks.

Good for you, wrangler! Most of the "old" members here know that I've been lusting after an iPad for...well, for a long time...so although I don't have any personal experience yet - I know I'll be using them to help myself when I finally make my move.:026:;)

But BB, the apps being discussed here will likely be obsolete when the iPad 10 is released.... ;-)

Looking forward to seeing your snapseed images, tell us the good bits and bad bits. I like it but find pictures can quickly become very far removed from the original in a way i didnt intend. looks good but fake. I need to practice more with it.

Looking forward to seeing your snapseed images, tell us the good bits and bad bits. I like it but find pictures can quickly become very far removed from the original in a way i didnt intend. looks good but fake. I need to practice more with it.

I was heavily into B&W darkroom back in the '70's and '80's; but have accepted images as the come from the digital cameras. It's time to get back on a vertical learning curve!

I'll just throw in a me too on that, want and will need the apps so eyes are always open..

I always start with Tune Image before anything else. Theres a lot of room for working on images in that, without making it (the Image) into something else.

I'll throw in a +1 For Filterstorm. Its not really a bunch of filters, its a very powerful processing proggie. i only have the free version, but even that is excellent.

This is so strange! Every time I do a search I get a slew of threads, I copy and past the URL and check it...it works...but I come back, see what you've written, wrangler, and try it and it doesn't work.:dash2:

Not sure why this isn't working but will try to pick out a particularly helpful one or two for you.

P.S. If these links don't work, I give up.

Good ones not necessarily in chronological order:

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/ipad-workflow-ipad-vs-lightroom-sofa-vs-desk-1190/

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/success-organization-mistakes-warning-tale-4973/

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/using-ipad-photo-accessory-583/

I hope they're of some interest and help. As it's been made pretty clear, I have no personal experience with working with an iPad............yet.

Back