Welcome Home!

And they say cats are cold!

Mine always met me at the door and were all over me at the end of the day, wanting to visit and get their strokes.

Terrific set.

Cats respond to how they are treated. So its clear that none of us have "cold" cats. We have learned to treat our cats in the way they deserve.. like royalty. You know what they say (whoever "they" are)... "Dogs have masters, Cats have staff"

All jokes aside though... I think we know (and those who say cats are cold do not) that cats can be just as loyal and loving as any dog.

Before we all start making sweeping generalizations, I treat all cats as kings (or queens). But some are independent and some are needy. There are a few that are in between, but most are one extreme or the other. We have one cat who barely gives me the time of day (unless it's feeding time). The other one barely leaves me alone.

Great series, btw!

Before we all start making sweeping generalizations, I treat all cats as kings (or queens). But some are independent and some are needy. There are a few that are in between, but most are one extreme or the other. We have one cat who barely gives me the time of day (unless it's feeding time). The other one barely leaves me alone.

Great series, btw!

Very true! My wonderful Calhoun, who passed away 3 months ago, was often very independent... and then, in a flash, he would leap onto my lap to get petted and adored.

Not sure where Tom fits. Inside the house, he needs to know exactly where I am at all times, and will call for me if I disappear to another room whilst he's napping... He will check on me from time to time, but won't necessarily have to be in the same room, though he does like to be able to see or hear me from wherever he is. He goes outside without me (but I'm indoors so I must be safe, right?) but doesn't stay out long anymore. If *I* go out, though, he has to be with me. He tears at the front door to go out if I am out front, or, if out back, he follows me around the yard. If I stand still for long enough (waiting to photograph a bird or bug) he will sit or lay at my feet until I move again. Thats why so many of my Tom-outside shots are of him in the grass...

At night, all bets are off. I am to remain in the house, and he goes and checks the territory to make sure we have not been invaded. A second check must be done before dawn.

Back