Getting ready for Chinese New Year!

Archiver

Top Veteran
Chinese New Year is always a great spectacle in Melbourne, full of colour and movement. The sight of the red and gold always gets me going! The parade of the lions up Little Bourke Street is something to see and enjoy, and I'm looking forward to this weekend's shoot. But what gear to take with me?

Last year it was a combination of the Ricoh GXR-M and Fuji X10. Honestly, not the best cameras to capture fast moving action. Even though I got some decent photos, I really feel that I could have got a lot more if my cameras were more responsive. I saw a multitude of people with DSLR's of all sizes and levels, but few with m43 cameras and none with Leica or other rangefinders.

This year I'll rock out with the M9 and the OM-D, and keep the Fujis and Ricoh at home. As much as I love the image quality of the Ricoh, especially, it just doesn't respond fast enough when the lions are jumping and swirling. I'm hoping that the OM-D with the 45/1.8 and 75/1.8 will deliver the goods along with the M9 and the Summarit 75/2.5, and perhaps the Summicron 50.

Photos will follow, assuming I get something decent enough to post. :D

Back