166 Views......

christilou

Legend
I've noticed that one old photo of mine from 2010 has suddenly had 166 views yesterday.... does this mean that someone has posted it somewhere? It's on my flickr page. I notice that this happens from time to time and rather curious. It's not a particularly good picture either!

Also, I seem to attract a lot of followers from Russia on Instagram for some reason!!!

I've noticed that one old photo of mine from 2010 has suddenly had 166 views yesterday.... does this mean that someone has posted it somewhere? It's on my flickr page. I notice that this happens from time to time and rather curious. It's not a particularly good picture either!

Also, I seem to attract a lot of followers from Russia on Instagram for some reason!!!
Could just be that something about it is "trending" as they say - a tag or group or whatever. It happens to me sometimes too. Very strange.

I have had a few "ladies" (all very nice looking) follow me on flickr. Their own photo stream is full of pics of themselves, they all joined up the previous day and they all have a Russian email address. I'd be very flattered to think they were interested in me or my work, but being an ex-fraud squad man I smell a gigantic smelly rat. I block them before I find out what they are really after.

Hmm, yes, I've had a few "models" touting their wares on Instagram and I always block these, same for anyone who "follows" me on Flickr and treats me to a view of their particulars lol! I have a lot of blocked followers now. The Instagram Russians seem to be genuine photographers to a greater or lesser degree. I'm just curious as to what sparks their curiosity... surely not dog pictures!!!

If you think someone might've posted your image somewhere, here's what you can do to find out:

Go to google
Search for something (anything - i usually search for "a")
Click on "images" in the top bar above the search results
In the search bar, next to "a" (or whatever your search term was), there's a camera icon. Click on it.
Upload your photo, or enter the photo's url (on flickr, you have to click "view all sizes" first in order to get a url ending in .jpeg)
Hit enter

Now you will see all the places where your photo appears. I once found out that one of my Barcelona photos was used on a Russian travel company's website...

Back