LCD magnifier opinions wanted please.

I don't know anything about those you mentioned above, but I ordered a Clearviewer (for the NEX-5) which should be here any day. It looks hokey but some people really like it and say it helps a lot with manual focus. Due to my vision I personally really need a viewfinder substitute, if not a viewfinder, in spite of the excellent NEX screen. I will report back when I get it. The website is here:
ClearViewer home

Thanks Janis. I have the G12 which has a viewfinder. I want the LCD magnifier to check post exposure in bright sunlight when its hard to see the monitor. I will check out your Clearviewer though. :)

Turns out it was in the the mailbox today. I haven't tried it in bright sun so don't know if it helps, but it might. It definitely helps with manual focusing, no question. That is true both with and without focus assist. It magnifies the LCD so much that it's almost too much -- you really see clearly that you're looking at an electronic viewfinder as opposed to optical. But I suspect I will be using it a lot.

You could search on Extend a View and Hoodman Loupe to see if they've been mentioned here before. Good luck!

Back