thnx for welcoming me

coyote

Regular
Name
eric
hey kids,

been a working pro photog for 40+ years.

always carried around DSLR kits with fast primes for the vast majority of my work, but 10-plus years ago i also carried a mini film camera as back-up & grab/street images (my fav was the old Minox 35 series).

haven't cared much for the mini digital cameras until i recently picked up a sony rx100. i am impressed!!!! now thinking about adding a fuji x20.

suddenly my old nikon kit seems incredible heavy and large.

so here i am, ready to learn from you folks who take these smaller cameras "seriously".

thnx everyone,

eric
aka: coyote
(in eastern oregon)

thank you luke.

ok, here's one of our ponies on the ridge right above the house (taken with nikon dslr unfortuately):

Horses-on-ridge-winter.jpg

using my sony rx100, here's a snapshot of my wife getting ready to go to work:

Patti-horseback-Jan-2012.jpg

Welcome! I'm only a part time working photographer and I do my art photography and sell a few prints but I'm far from "professional" -- making my living from it. Uh... if I did I'd be a much thinner man, lol.

I just picked up (like yesterday) a little Panasonic LX7 and I'm already digging it. The RX100 is even better (except maybe for controls but that doesn't bother many folks) and I'm sure you're having a blast.

This forum and the micro four thirds one are exceptionally well moderated and the members are a cut above in terms of civil dialog, IMO.

Welcome!

thank you isoterica.

e.r. - the LX7 was my next best pick. nice going.

thnx so much for the warm welcome and kind comments - you guys ARE great!

fyi - i've always made a living (abet a very low income one) as a photog, buit recently expanded it into doing video and websites too. Wild Dog Studios

i live the life i've always dreamed of, so consider myself a very lucky fellow indeed.

Isn't it fantastic that you can do what you love and get paid for it too. Good for you!

+1

The industrial engineering I get to do in my day job (mostly software) I actually love to do. I've never thought I would do photography for a living actually -- but whatever it is you love Isoterica (GREAT user name, by the way) is right that doing what you love is a very good place to be.

hey kids,

been a working pro photog for 40+ years.

always carried around DSLR kits with fast primes for the vast majority of my work, but 10-plus years ago i also carried a mini film camera as back-up & grab/street images (my fav was the old Minox 35 series).

haven't cared much for the mini digital cameras until i recently picked up a sony rx100. i am impressed!!!! now thinking about adding a fuji x20.

suddenly my old nikon kit seems incredible heavy and large.

so here i am, ready to learn from you folks who take these smaller cameras "seriously".

thnx everyone,

eric
aka: coyote
(in eastern oregon)

I agree small cameras have a lot to offer these days. I decided to get an X20 myself and I couldn't be happier. Here are my thoughts on the experience.

White Canvas Images

Here are some images taken in the first two weeks of having this amazing camera in my hands.

Fuji X20 Exploration

Hope that's helpful in your decision.

Derek

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374170903.507511.jpg

Hey Eric,
Welcome to the forum. I've been hauling gear for many a year too. I hear ya. Betacams in the ancient days and P2 now, college teaching and freelancing. D5s have been my mainstay for the past year or so. Back now with an X20 having some fun.
Thanks for the images. Very nice work.
Again, welcome the SC forum.
. . . David

Hello Coyote.. I am a neophyte photographer, travel a lot with my wife, want to take better pix. Have recently acquired a Sony DSC- rx100, which you mentioned in your post. I love it! However, when I try to use aperture or shutter priority odes, get a ver unnatural blue cast in the image and the pictures have the same color. What am I doing wrong ?

Back