the inventor of the digital camera

I had a chance to listen him at National Geographic Headquarters Kodak awards. I have couple photos of the prototype. He said his managers at Kodak told him who is going to watch their photos on a tv screen... The rest is history.

He said his managers at Kodak told him who is going to watch their photos on a tv screen... The rest is history.

That's the hallmark of a good invention. It's so disruptive that people can't see the point to it. Here are some other examples. Ethernet was developed at Xerox. They didn't see the point to it. The Apple I was developed when the Woz was at HP, they turned it down over and over again. Yahoo was offered Google for $200K, they didn't think it was worth it. The cool thing about tech is that both Xerox and HP didn't block those inventions even though they could have. Traditionally, many companies will just take that property and stick it in the closet since it is company property. Both Xerox and HP didn't do that. They let those crazy kids go off with their gadgets and let them pursue their dreams.

Nothing to do with the Govt. It's a trust set up by C&W (mind you, there is a view that C&W was an unofficial arm of the British Gov in the first half of the 20th C ...)

Back