Olympus Olympus SZ14 / SZ31MR Any Photos from these ?

ReD

Hall of Famer
Title says it all really Olympus SZ14 / SZ31MR Any Photos from these ?

When I was looking to buy at Xmas I held both these & was quite smitten with them in my hand
Neither offered manual control & the sensor seemed a bit dated so I didn't take the plunge

I'd still like to see what kind of image quality they offer though if anyone here uses them

Well, here are a couple of reviews you might find interesting:

Olympus SZ-14 Review | PhotographyBLOG

Olympus SZ-31MR Review - Digital Compact Cameras

Personally, I have always questioned megazoom focal lengths on cameras with no viewfinder. I can't imagine getting sharp images is easy way out at the long end - even with image stabilization - when one is holding the camera in the "stinky baby diaper" position. But maybe that's just me.

Happily impressed with the SZ 31 from the above link - not so much with the SZ14 with what I've seen at moment

Well I don't have much need for the superzoom as yet, I also don't need wifi or gps but I like the idea of me using manual - which is why I got the F660EXR (apart from its £90 cheaper than the SZ-31MR) - Try Fuji Shop refurb for £80

No RAW on the 660 though you need another

Well I don't have much need for the superzoom as yet, I also don't need wifi or gps but I like the idea of me using manual - which is why I got the F660EXR (apart from its £90 cheaper than the SZ-31MR) - Try Fuji Shop refurb for £80

No RAW on the 660 though you need another

I don't think I have access to that from AU. Got a link? Otherwise theres a local company that dropships from Hong Kong and I can get a 770 for $AU146 but I am still hesitating.

Back