Panasonic Camera bag/pouch for LX7

fixxer77

Hello all,

I recently purchased an LX7 and I'm looking for a bag/pouch for it, something that will hold the camera and that will make it easy to get it in/out of it. I'm hoping to use it while hiking, so I will attach it to my belt or backpack strap. I'm having a really hard time finding a bag that fits the LX7 right. I'm using the JJ auto-lens cap which adds more dimension to the profile of the camera.

My question is, what do you use to carry the camera? Horizontal pouches look like they would be easier to deal with.

I'm looking at the OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch Zippeez
Amazon.com: OP/TECH USA Soft Pouch Zippeez - Medium Black: Camera & Photo

or the Kata L Digital Flap-Pouch KT DL-DF-410-V
Amazon.com: Kata L Digital Flap-Pouch KT DL-DF-410-V: Camera & Photo

Any thoughts/input?

I have a great leather one I got from China but I can't find one like it domestically. I will photograph it tonight. I got it n eBay. Not an "ever ready" style case but something different.

I went through a couple of cases for my LX5 until I found these ones which I absolutely love. I think it fits the LX7 too.

It comes with a strap so that I wear it over my shoulder. The lid is held down by a strong magnet which makes it really easy to reach for the camera for quick shots. The case itself is hard-ish so provides more protection than a soft case. When a friend of mine bought an LX5, I bought one of these cases for her too.

Leather camera case bag pouch for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 LX3 LX1 new brown | eBay

Por Leather Case Bag For Panasonic lumix DMC-LX5 LX5 LX3 Brown Coffee NEW | eBay

Leather camera case bag for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 LX5 LX3 Leica D-Lux4 D-Lux5 | eBay

The best case I could find but I'm not using auto lens cap.

N5880.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N5879.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

link to the item:
V33 Genuine Panasonic Leather Hard Camera Case Bag for Panasonic DMC LX7 DMC LX5 | eBay

Thank you all for the replies, keep them coming!

I tried the leather form fitting case but it didnt fit right with the auto-cap plus it's not convenient for hiking use. I'm planning on attaching the case to a backpack strap or to my belt so I need a case that has a belt loop with velcro so that I can attach the case without having to take off my belt/strap. If the case comes with its own removable strap, that's a plus as I could use it when I'm not carrying a backpack.

I'm leaving for Scotland in 2 weeks so the time is not enough to get items on Ebay shipped from overseas.

Does anybody have any experience with the Kata or the OP/Tech cases that I mentioned on my original post?

Thanks again!

The case I posted has no compartments for batteries and cards. It's just a "holster" like case to put the camera in.

I don't like small zipper cases -- too easy to scratch the camera getting it in and out.

Back