are Paul and Barrie still around

Bill, you clearly just don't look at the threads I post in, matey
(also I forgot to reply to your PM about the Oriole, oops)

Bill, I'm embroiled in trying to sell my house. My buyer, or their solicitor, are the most infuriating people to deal with, so my mind has been elsewhere, few photographs taken in recent weeks and even fewer posted. They won't have to time waste much longer or try and get me to jump through many more hoops and I'll be pulling out of the deal, either that or get on and sign the contract. Hopefully I'll be getting back on track in the next few weeks.

Barrie

Bill, I'm embroiled in trying to sell my house. My buyer, or their solicitor, are the most infuriating people to deal with, so my mind has been elsewhere, few photographs taken in recent weeks and even fewer posted. They won't have to time waste much longer or try and get me to jump through many more hoops and I'll be pulling out of the deal, either that or get on and sign the contract. Hopefully I'll be getting back on track in the next few weeks.

Barrie

to use an old expression

"tell me about it"

Solicitor charge £250+ per hour and it takes forever for them to agree
One of the problems I find with mine is that they always insist on writing to each other - maybe an odd email but seldom a phone call - takes days to sort a simple query that could be sorted within minutes if they spoke to each other

Good luck - are you staying in the same place?

Can we get some photos (the beams, floor and doors.... not the knees). It's been awhile since we've had an update.

A few "cheap and cheerful" shots

The Barn is at the end of a cottage that we have alongside the house

It has taken a while to do as getting 6 x 7 metre x 250 x 50 oak beams was difficult plus about 80 other beams - the oak beams just do not exist commercially in the size that we needed - they are enormous and we had to use two winches to get them "up" - the oak for the door was easier.
All the oak came out of the local woods - the local wood guy who we get our "logs" from just picked a few trees, chopped them down and machine the stuff to size. Obviously it is green oak so it is bending and moving around, but I don't mind that.

The images are not great as the inside is like "the black hole of Calcutta" as we have had to nail the door to the frame as we are waiting for the hinges.
The upstairs beans are of course the originals ....... so are some years old

DOOR _ FRONT
Barn_3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barn_4.jpg

UPSTAIRS _ NEW FLOOR
Barn_5.jpg

Barn_6.jpg

GROUND_FLOOR
Barn_1.jpg

Barn_2.jpg

Barn_7.jpg

There are those that would say Plymouth is barely civilization at all, of course ...

Careful, Plymouth born and breed here. I'm judging things by the bus service, 5 buses an hour during the day rather than the one here, last bus from Plymouth 23:00 rather than 17:50 as here, year round Sunday service rather than the four summer months as here, oh and no caravans passing the bottom of the lane or holiday makers clogging up the roads. All those things will do for starters.

Still many a slip yet, and these buyers might just be told to ride their pony off into the sunset if they continue their delaying tactics.

Barrie

PS, with another winter like last I wouldn't have to wear wellington boots just about every time I went out of the house!!!!

A few "cheap and cheerful" shots

The Barn is at the end of a cottage that we have alongside the house

It has taken a while to do as getting 6 x 7 metre x 250 x 50 oak beams was difficult plus about 80 other beams - the oak beams just do not exist commercially in the size that we needed - they are enormous and we had to use two winches to get them "up" - the oak for the door was easier.
All the oak came out of the local woods - the local wood guy who we get our "logs" from just picked a few trees, chopped them down and machine the stuff to size. Obviously it is green oak so it is bending and moving around, but I don't mind that.

The images are not great as the inside is like "the black hole of Calcutta" as we have had to nail the door to the frame as we are waiting for the hinges.
The upstairs beans are of course the originals ....... so are some years old

DOOR _ FRONT
Barn_3.jpg

Barn_4.jpg

UPSTAIRS _ NEW FLOOR
Barn_5.jpg

Barn_6.jpg

GROUND_FLOOR
Barn_1.jpg

Barn_2.jpg

Barn_7.jpg

WOW! Thats some barn... not surprised the knees gave out. And I half expected to see Kevin McCloud there :)

Paul I expected to see you down with the "twitchers" - someone posted an image

Lymington-Keyhaven Nature Reserve | Facebook

typical GO image .........

couple of images from me - a Whitethroat and a Little Tern

Oh I don't generally go on twitches, though the last one I bothered with was worthwhile - the first breeding Little Bitterns at Ham Wall, saw the juvenile fly from the nest. But that was just up the road from where I used to work so I went after finishing.

Back