Micro 4/3 Leica EVF3/Panasonic DMW-LVF2 viewfinder. Thoughts?

jporos

Regular
I have a D-Lux 6 and have been wrestling in my head the necessity of purchasing the external viewfinder. Does anyone have the Panasonic/Leica viewfinder and how do they feel about it? I have read that the Panasonic works on the Leica so I will probably take that route because of 1) cost and 2) there is not a beautiful Leica leather case for the viewfinder as was created for the D-Lux 5. Thanks!

I have the LVF-2 as well and also use it on both my GX1 and LX7. The resolution is about 1,440,000 dots, which is what most of Panasonic's G series cameras (G1-G5) have had. It's enough resolution for manual focusing, although the latest EVFs in cameras like the GH3 are even better. Still, I give the LVF-2 a thumbs up and can recomend it without hesitation.

Thanks! Good to hear some recommendations. Any thoughts on a case/pouch for the viewfinder that attaches to the Leica case strap for the D-LUX 6? I am leaning toward buying a vintage Leica EVF case because there does not seem to be much out there in terms of EVF cases in general.

Just got the DMW-LVF2...

D-LUX6wEVF_zpsf2e10174.jpg

works perfectly with the D-LUX 6, very sharp image. Hope to have a nice case for it soon that works with the Leica case. Thanks for the advice! (by the way, it was painful to use an old Olympus E-510 to take this shot).

Back