1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Serious Compacts and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.seriouscompacts.com/help/terms

COMPLETED 1936 Leica III with 2 lenses

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by MiguelATF, Mar 3, 2015.

1. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    I've decided after some thinking that my analog/film shooting days are long past - and it's time to part with a camera which I inherited that's been in my family for decades. The camera is a 1936 Leica III - a relatively rare black metal body model - and it comes with 2 lenses, a classic collapsible Elmar 50 cm, and a 35mm Canon. The camera was originally bought by my father, in the early 1950's; it's been used by both myself and my two brothers, who are also photographers. It's a wonderful piece of photographic history - as well as a still functional camera (it was recently 'tuned up' by a fine German Leica technician down in the Bay Area) - and though it looks beautiful sitting on my shelf, I want it to be used.

1936LeicaIII.

I can provide more detailed information and photographs for anyone seriously interested. But the bottom line is: though not in showroom-perfect collector/pristine condition, this is an old but working Leica that's taken a lot of wonderful exposures in its lifetime...and I hope it will take more..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. MiguelATF

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 27, 2013
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    A few more pictures, for Leicaphiles and potential purchasers -

First the whole package - the camera, the Elmar lens, the Canon wide angle & case, Canon viewfinder, Leica case -

Leica#1.

Then the front of the camera -

Leica#3.

Looking down at the top -

Leica#4.

The back -

Leica#5.

And the bottom -

Leica#6.

The bottom opened -

Leica#21.

A front view, with the Elmar lens extended -

Leica#12.

The camera with the case on -

Leica#17.

And the case closed over the camera -

Leica#19.

Last but not least the 35mm Canon lens - its case - and the accompanying Canon viewfinder -

Leica#20.

3. MiguelATF

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 27, 2013
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    A few more details of the Elmar 50mm (collapsible) lens -

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  4. MiguelATF

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 27, 2013
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    And some detailed looks at the Canon 35mm lens -

Attached Files: