Hello

EricJ

Hi,

Have been reading some inereesting stuff and watching great pics at this forum and thought I'd register. I'm mostly taking pictures of people in the streets of places I live in or travel to. At present I'm using a Sony RX100 (and rarely a Nikon D90 and F3) and re-discovered this nice forum when googling on "X100s vs Ricoh GR"...

Have a good day!

G'day from Oz Eric. I have the X100s (lurv it!!!) and will buy the GR next week - they have proved pretty complementary (I've had one on loan from a fellow member and top bloke). My RX100 is on sale currently.

Great forum this. Heaps learning and so top folks....well except for just one guy. Watch out for him!
;)

Eric,
Welcome to the forum. Have a great time here! Planning to buy a x100s or ricoh GR anytime soon?
Peter

Thanks stillshunter, Luke, kyteflyer. bilzmale, BBW, Biro and pniev!

This seems to be a very friendly place indeed! I'll just watch out for that guy, and the guys that warns me to watch out for that guy :)

stillhunter, very nice to be able to have both the Fuji X100s and the Ricoh GR. Looking forward to read and see more pictures from the two then!

Peter, I will probably wait at least a couple of months before buying. The next camera I get, whether a GR, X100s or something else, will hopefully be my main camera for at least a couple of years to come so I don't want to rush.

I did plan to buy a Ricoh GR this summer but then started to read about the X100s and now have a hard time to make up my mind. The GR seems to be great and its pocketability and the snap focus function are attractive features. However, I really miss a proper viewfinder on my RX100 and the combined OVF/EVF on the X100s along with other stuff, such as superior high iso capabilities are quite interesting to me. There are probably also other less rationale factors that will influence my decision. But at the moment I'm leaning towards the X100s. (I've read a lot of comparative discussions including the one here and have tried a friend's X100s. In the end I will probably have to go to the store and feel at the GR and a bit more at the X100s before deciding. Hopefully there will be no other big releases that makes things even more complicated bofore that...)

Hi there all,
My name is Shari and i am a newbie out here.
Quite frankly i am a newcomer to photography as well.
I recently inherited a Leica M6 from my father so i am thinking of knowing more about them.

Shari, have fun with the Leica M6, that sounds like an awesome camera to learn photography with!

Thanks drd1135! My F3 is a heirloom as well. It's a very nice camera even though I don't use it very often.

Back