DAY 11: The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
Thought I'd go ahead and start Day 11 with my meditative submission:

meditative.jpg

RX1 and DP3M - from medieval wall paintings circa 12th-14th century at the parish church of St Lawrence, Broughton, Buckinghamshire. Wall paintings are very common in the medieval period because the congregation had no access to the language of the clergy (Latin), so wall painting were used for illustration and meditation.

The explanation for the first painting is that it is a warning to the gentry not to participate in sinful activity or take the name of the Lord in vain. The detail of the character on the bottom right reminds me very much of Chaucer. The last detail is of the 'dragon' being subdued by St George and is a magnificent mural worth seeing if you are in the area.

Hope these fit the theme!

_DSC1188-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_P3M1504.jpg

_P3M1505.jpg

As I was about to pick up my meatball sub, I thought, "man what a mess", but I saw the young lady make it. It was totally organized. Start with the 9 grain wheat bread, then a layer of meatballs and sauce, then a layer of cheese, and then layers of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, black olives, jalapenos and hot giardiniera. BTW, it was delicious. Maybe time for a nap, now.
9488694902_ea0982cdd5_b.jpg

R0004793 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

OK, it might be a bit of stretch for those of you across the pond, but here we rarely get to see fully restored vintage Chevrolets. In fact, I've never seen one in person before. Parked tightly between other cars, so it was the only angle I could get. At least the light sereved me well. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you MECHANICAL MAYHEM:

PICTOGRAMAX_-_2013_-_AUGUST_PROMPTS_-_21_-_MECHANICAL_MAYHEM.jpg

Back