DAY 20 : The Most Magnificent Serious Compact Photo Challenge - August 2013

20 - in the dark (yesterday evening, shot while riding the bike)
p1664056506-4.jpg

^ Terrific

Now how do you guys do that sort of thing with the scratches & smears?

Enquiring minds need to know

Enjoyment

Grandma's little green porch rocker. No slick sanding, staining, varnishing here. This one is going to be weather beaten. So oil based outdoor enamel. Still wet, and waiting for the second coat. It was custom fitted for the wife, and she is excited to get it. She likes to sit out in the early morning, reading and having the second cup of coffee. And, I am glad to be nearly finished with it. So, double enjoyment!

Note: Total cost, less that $20.00, and a lot of work. :)

Green_Rocker.jpg

Trying to squeeze a house move/renovation into August so not had much time for photography since we got the keys last week. Got another week to complete the work before we start on the old house to ready it for sale. Stressed? You bet!

But pulled out some toys to get me back into the game.

9556237585_36e54d9552_b.jpg

11. Toy Story by Briar34, on Flickr

Toy Story.......

Corny is Lucy's favorite toy. He's an ear of corn. Has has a little squeaker in him, but Lucy doesn't use the squeaker. She just loves to thrash him around and then she brings him to us and wants us to throw him so she can go fetch. Anytime Lucy looks bored, we just say "where's Corny?" and she will run all over until she finds him.

Corny looks like he could use a washing, too......LOL.

View attachment 74531
Meet Corny by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Lucy was in the middle of a play session when it suddenly hit me that I could take a photo and knock one more prompt out. So I told her to wait until I was done shooting and then I would throw it some more....LOL. She would have waited all night long.

Hi ReD
That was done using the Snapseed app. It is really the only photo app I use frequently on iPad or iphone. The original photo was taken with a 100s and did not look very gritty.
If you haven't tried Snapseed, check it out. It used to cost $9.99, but I think it is free now. (I paid :-( )

^ Terrific

Now how do you guys do that sort of thing with the scratches & smears?

Enquiring minds need to know

Steve,
That is a nice job. Looks perfect for a porch or patio!

Grandma's little green porch rocker. No slick sanding, staining, varnishing here. This one is going to be weather beaten. So oil based outdoor enamel. Still wet, and waiting for the second coat. It was custom fitted for the wife, and she is excited to get it. She likes to sit out in the early morning, reading and having the second cup of coffee. And, I am glad to be nearly finished with it. So, double enjoyment!

Note: Total cost, less that $20.00, and a lot of work. :)

Green_Rocker.jpg

Hi ReD
That was done using the Snapseed app. It is really the only photo app I use frequently on iPad or iphone. The original photo was taken with a 100s and did not look very gritty.
If you haven't tried Snapseed, check it out. It used to cost $9.99, but I think it is free now. (I paid :-( )

Thanks I'll check it out but I don't have an iPad or iphone

Back