Silver September - a b&w PAD Challenge for 2013 - RULES

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Attention all shooters. September is here and it is time for a new Photo a Day Challenge. We must not get complacent. Creating photographs is good for the soul (and it helps keep the GAS out). So anyone and everyone is challenged with shooting an image a day (or 30 over the course of the month). That's it....shouldn't be too difficult. Really anyone should be able to do this one. On a nice day, surely one could shoot 30 shots if need be. For me, they will all be black and white (or sepia or some other mono variety). And that is the challenge. If you "see" better in color, push yourself to try something different. We'll still accept color submissions. We don't want any photos submitted that weren't shot in September 2013. All new work, please.

Simply post one a day in each of the 30 threads. If you only have time to shoot on the weekends, that's fine, too. Load up one on each day's thread as time permits. I expect some lengthy threads, because I expect everyone to try. One needn't even commit to trying to do all 30. Join in as time permits and share images. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. It's still August in my corner of the world, but I'll open up the first "Silver September" (Thanks Mark for that name....I'm stealin' it) thread for those who are already into Septmeber.

"Silver September" (Thanks Mark for that name....I'm stealin' it)
No worries mate, what are friends for? ...hey wait a second :hmmm:

I'm not criticizing the name. It just it makes me see more grey hair in all my selfies :)
Sorry Don I'm with Luke here - I'd prefer the fullness of salt 'n' pepper than scant and random dark wisps ...now obfuscated by a wholesale Wahl #1 :boohoo:

This is the time when having some bulk film on tap would be handy - one could roll 12-shot cassettes, perfect for knocking out a few shots and developing quickly.

As it is, I'll probably end up posting great gobbets of images every few days rather than a nice trickle.

Also I could feel justified in posting colour pics as colour film is also Silver based (but I probably won't)

If everyone wants to know about the color allowance, it's to encourage more participation. Some just aren't comfortable shooting in b/w. I try to include as many from the group as possible.

I'm going all mono. No need to feel offended if someone slips in a beautiful color shot. And if you are, just turn down the saturation on your monitor. :tongue:

If everyone wants to know about the color allowance, it's to encourage more participation. Some just aren't comfortable shooting in b/w. I try to include as many from the group as possible.

I'm going all mono. No need to feel offended if someone slips in a beautiful color shot. And if you are, just turn down the saturation on your monitor. :tongue:
Oh Luke, then again we need more folks like you on the UN (y)

Back