Film The Evil Doktor Frankenfilm continues his Abominable Photonic Experiments & Crimes Against Nature

I think in the UK (in the '70s?), Mountain Dew was a particularly nasty cheap alcoholic drink much favoured by tramps and teenagers (rather than a particularly nasty US soft drink as it is now). And Skittles used to be called "Glees" here.

In some ways a pity about #2, I might go back today and nab it again with film that I'm not planning for chemical abuse.

take those charm boots off, Mr. L

just to say, not much PP on these, it's pretty much what the negatives look like to the nekkid eye.

Well Don ... this is ordinary, cheap C41 (colour negative) film exposed normally.

The processing however is really very Frankenstein, and would lead to much rolling of eyes and shaking of heads by colour photo-chemists.

In essence I used E6 type processing steps, to produce transparencies (i.e. positives) from a negative-type colour film.

The chemistry was heavily bastardised as I don't have all the correct chemicals for either the 1st dev or the bleach.

Plus I adulterated the 2nd dev (for which I do have the correct C41 chemicals) with peroxide, and then had a brain-fade moment and unintentionally doubled the development time for the 2nd dev.

The result seems to have been a complete failure to develop one of the dye layers. hence the two-colour result, and extreme intensification of the remaining ones. But probably only a proper photo-chemist familiar with both E6 and C41 could explain what's gone on here.

Also, there seem some extreme edge effects, and partial inversion. Which may be because of the bastardised 1st dev, or incomplete fogging step, or a combination of both, or something else altogether.

I undertook this just for fun, and quite expecting either a complete failure, or some bizarre effects, but the results I did get were highly unexpected ...

Thanks for sharing the process (a franken-cross processing one at that, it seems).The results are certainly very striking. Shows the young 'uns that not all "post processing" effects needed software in the days of yore...

Back