Bags Which Sling bag should I get?

IamPain13

Rookie
Hi All,

I've been using the Olympus OD ME5 for a while on my trips with the Lowepro Event Messenger 250 bag. I found that the bag is very good but very inconvenient when I need access to my camera for those split second photos. I decided to look around for a better sling bag that I can access my camera on the fly for those crucial moments. I also need to haul a lot of gears with me like tripod, lap/ipad, a few lenses, wallet, phones, extra batteries and other accessories. I know some might think "why not get a full backpack?" I do have a Swissgear backpack for times when i haul more gears but I also want a mid size sling bag for walking around the city or a hike up the mountains.

I have 3 choices that i've picked out which I like the style and the size. Please give me your honest opinions if you have used one of these bags or your expertise in general.

Manfrotto Agile V
Amazon.com : Manfrotto MB SS390-5SW AGILE V Sling Bag -White : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo

Kata KT DL
Amazon.com : Kata KT DL-3N1-22 3-In-1 Sling Backpack (Black) : Photographic Equipment Bags : Camera & Photo

Lowepro Transit 250AW
Amazon.com : Lowepro Transit Sling Bag 250 AW (Slate Grey) - LP36576-PWW : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo

Thanks

I have a couple of sling bags, including a Tamrac Velocity (Tamrac Velocity 6X Compact Sling Pack #5766 - Black / Grey | Freestyle Photo & Imaging). But I really didn't feel like I was able to access my camera any quicker than a messenger bag. For the split second photos, I really just have to have the camera in hand, either in a sling style strap, or in a wrist strap.

Agreed. Split second stuff needs camera in hand. Even if you have a quick access bag, none are particularly useful if you need the speed. I have a Lowepro Passport sling which is more like a messenger bag with a zip top instead of a flap. Its OK, and when actually out shooting, the camera is in hand bt the bag is partially unzipped for quick changes if needed. Still not good enough for "the decisive moment" (such as it might be)

Back