Leica C (Typ 112) Bridge and Harbor - 2 images

D

dalethorn

The little C-112 did this bridge very well using a tripod and ISO 80. f4.9, 3.2 seconds, ISO 80. The harbor DOF was virtually infinite, but the image quality fell off on the left side, so I cropped off about 200 pixels and resized it. f4.8, 1/800 handheld, ISO 80.

Charleston_Bridge16_s.jpg

Charleston_Harbor06_s.jpg

For whatever reason, your photos always come up really small when viewed through the phone apps.

I tried now on the iphone5 IOS7 Safari browser and after clicking the small pic the full size displayed.

I'm using Tapatalk on the iPhone 5. The photos look small, and when I tap to view on "gallery", it gets even smaller.

My SeriousCompact app (and FujiXSpot) keep crashing.

I'm using Tapatalk on the iPhone 5. The photos look small, and when I tap to view on "gallery", it gets even smaller. My SeriousCompact app (and FujiXSpot) keep crashing.

I'm amazed there's an app that can even attempt that. Maybe a different browser besides Safari would work.

Safari works fine. It's using the app that creates a problem.

I'm strongly considering a LF1. I like what I'm seeing!

Does the camera have a built in RAW converter?

Safari works fine. It's using the app that creates a problem. I'm strongly considering a LF1. I like what I'm seeing! Does the camera have a built in RAW converter?

The LF1 shoots RAW if you select it, then you can flop the images over to JPEG with default or custom settings in the included Silkypix developer. I used Silkypix a few years ago - works great and is included with the camera.

My apologies for not being clear Dale. By built-in RAW converter, I mean, the ability to take a photo in RAW, and then convert it to JPG with a utility that is built into the camera itself. For example, in the Fuji X cameras, the utility allows not only RAW to JPG conversions, but also changing exposure, WB, sharpness, noise reduction, etc... I've never seen this utility in any of the Panasonic m4/3 cameras that I've owned.

My apologies for not being clear Dale. By built-in RAW converter, I mean, the ability to take a photo in RAW, and then convert it to JPG with a utility that is built into the camera itself. For example, in the Fuji X cameras, the utility allows not only RAW to JPG conversions, but also changing exposure, WB, sharpness, noise reduction, etc... I've never seen this utility in any of the Panasonic m4/3 cameras that I've owned.

Well, in my limited knowledge of the subject, I wouldn't necessarily value such a feature unless on the one hand, there was an urgency to converting the image that way and no computer were available, and on the other hand, if that were to become the standard way for a user to convert their RAWs, that the converter did everything the computer software does, i.e. lens corrections among all the other stuff. Then I wouldn't expect much usefulness if I had to convert 100 RAWs in-camera, never minding I couldn't make critical judgements of image quality on a camera screen. So none of this may apply to you - just a few thoughts. I think if I were shooting something where I couldn't afford to walk away not knowing if the images were perfect, I'd want to shoot tethered anyway, by wire or wi-fi.

I actually like the converter in the Fuji X cameras. It seriously does a pretty good job, and allows for the application of the various "film" simulations. That being said, using Lightroom gives me even more control.

I'm 90% sure I'll pick up a LF1. Seems like the most flexible and pocketable serious compact in the market nowadays.

Have you tried the multi-shot noise reduction mode yet? If yes, how effective is it in providing lower noise at high ISO? I think it's called handheld night shot in Panasonic cameras.

Have you tried the multi-shot noise reduction mode yet? If yes, how effective is it in providing lower noise at high ISO? I think it's called handheld night shot in Panasonic cameras.

No - I have to remember to test that compared to some of the night or high ISO shots I've done.

Back