Olympus VF-2: which cameras

To add to what Serhan wrote, the actual Olympus VF-2 and any Leica counterpart are both made by Epson and work with either company's cameras. But, Sue, none of this means that you aren't hallucinating or delusional. :D

To add to what Serhan wrote, the actual Olympus VF-2 and any Leica counterpart are both made by Epson and work with either company's cameras. But, Sue, none of this means that you aren't hallucinating or delusional. :D

Thanks. I think. Oh well, I am thinking I am going to replace my XZ-1 with either an XZ-2 or E-PL5, then. Or perhaps I will just sell the VF-2. I'm v happy with the Nikon 1 cameras so maybe its time to move on from Olympus, needing something to go with a viewfinder is a pretty woeful excuse for buying something new.

Since the XZ cameras really aren't that small, I think either an E-PL5 or E-PM2 might be a good idea. When I use the Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 or 20mm f/1.7 on my E-PM2, it's a pretty compact package. But if you're really happy with the Nikon, maybe save the money.

Thanks. I think. Oh well, I am thinking I am going to replace my XZ-1 with either an XZ-2 or E-PL5, then. Or perhaps I will just sell the VF-2. I'm v happy with the Nikon 1 cameras so maybe its time to move on from Olympus, needing something to go with a viewfinder is a pretty woeful excuse for buying something new.

The E-PL5 - which I have - is, in my prejudiced opinion, a fantastic camera. Small (almost pocketable with pancake lenses) - fast - and astoundingly great image quality and dynamic range. Some people complain about the complexity of Olympus menus but I'm not one of them: I find the menu system quite logical and relatively easy to access. Also, I use my PL5 with a VF-2 quite a bit - it's a superb combo. I can't recommend it/them enough.

Back