November Nocturne - Night 7

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
My turn to start. And with an oldie from this summer... Wife and friends in a field, camping, lit by a single candle. "Everybody hold still." X100 steadied on a 22oz beer bottle if memory serves.

7e3u.jpg

I'm afraid I'm not participating, but I am loving the work folks are putting up! Nice shots :)

Yeah - I find this one a more challenging challenge. Thankfully, we're not limited to *taken in November* shots - or are we? ... where are the rules again? ;)

Yeah - I find this one a more challenging challenge. Thankfully, we're not limited to *taken in November* shots - or are we? ... where are the rules again? ;)

If we are limited to Taken In November I am in trouble. Been relying on the archives pretty heavily.

On night one, the instructions read, "Fresh from Golden October, the clocks have gone back and nights are drawing in, so please join me in shooting for NOVEMBER NOCTURNE. One-a-day, any subject, as long as your shot is in the hours of darkness - you know the rest." I think that means taken in November, and since some clarification allowed us to define "nocturne" for ourselves to include pre sunrise, sunrise, dusk, and sunset, I'm staying game with November shots. But Lightmancer hasn't called anybody on drawing from the archives, and I'm certainly not going to object! Not only is it more challenging the more rural one's area is, it's COLD out there!

The Powershot was painfuly noisy at 800 ISO, but I was pleased with what one of Topaz Adjust's "Stylized" presets did for the image. The moon, by the way, was just a sliver. I guess the .8 sec exposure exaggerated its size. That white light on the right edge is a barge coming toward the bridge behind me. I predict you'll be seeing more of it!
10745276833_d6d68432b1_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barge Afar by rubyj29, on Flickr

What happened?

There was a fire in a hallway of a five story office building which also held some evening adult education classes for a private school. It took firefighters three hours to clear the building to ensure there was no other risk of fire. No one was injured. No property was damaged other than slight smoke damage. We were not informed what exactly was burned or how it caught fire.

Back