Leica Dining with a View

Wow, the foreground looks like a nice glowing photograph, but between the gorgeous light and the shallow DOF, the background looks almost literally like a painting. Really gorgeous!

Note to self - never EVER shoot with a high end Leica setup unless you're prepared to buy it!

-Ray

It almost doesn't look real because of the balance between the illumination on the diners and the background.

Did you do anything to light the scene or is it as you found it?

Ray has it right -- don't shoot with a Leica unless you are prepared to buy it. In fact, don't even think about shooting with a Leica . . . (whoops . . . too late!)

Cheers, Jock

It almost doesn't look real because of the balance between the illumination on the diners and the background.

Did you do anything to light the scene or is it as you found it?

Ray has it right -- don't shoot with a Leica unless you are prepared to buy it. In fact, don't even think about shooting with a Leica . . . (whoops . . . too late!)

Cheers, Jock

Thanks Jock. The photo was taken with existing light. I was able to expose for the sky in the background and pull some shadow detail out of the foreground in LR. I find its pretty easy to recover shadow details with the M9/M-E CCD sensor. I did use the Gradient Tool in LR for the sky to help it out and really didn't add much clarity at all and just a boost in the Vibrance slider.

Back