Nikon Rumor: Nikon V3 to be released in January 2014!

IVN

Veteran
V3 is supposed to be similar to a P7800 in design, meaning lots of buttons, dials, etc. It is said to have a pop-up flash with commander mode and a standard flash hot-shoe. Nikon is supposed to be working on a FW update for the FT-1, it is yet unknown which features will be added. There is no info on the sensor as of yet. Check out the article on Nikon-Rumors.com.

Thoughts?

I don't know if the Nikon One system will ever gain to much acceptance in the US/Canada market. We still tend to value "larger" when calculating value and the "seriousness" of the gear. Yet, if Nikon deeply dropped prices, the One system risks being considered a toy, kinda like the Pentax Q.

It will surely be priced a bit over the top as it was/is the case with V1/V2, but I personally think that NIkon 1 is a very interesting system (and enjoy using the V1 since recently even though I consider myself medium format guy) and definitely needs update when it comes to user interface. My V1 feels at times more like P&S than I appreciate.

Nikon should also bring a lens or two with the V3 (and maybe redesign the 18/1.8 with less barrel distortion or at least correct it in camera)

Hopefully this will push prices of the V2 down. What I'd really like is news about longer zooms though, before I get my wife the DX 55-300 plus FT-1 zoom for Christmas...

Back